Saturday, November 1, 2014

Baking and Carving



Homemade rolls for Sloppy Joe sandwiches the other night.  I am sorry I cannot find the link for the recipe, I thought I had saved it.  I started to carve a Hitty doll, from Rachel Field's  Hitty Her First Hundred Years.

Not that I needed another project.  I ordered a blank from ebay.


Balsa wood, I am glad it is a soft wood because my hands ached the first couple of days.  Her head and body are rounded out somewhat and I am just using a pocket knife.  At least she has a neck now.


I made her a dress from a pattern I found online to get more of a feel for her size.  It's getting there.  

2 comments:

  1. Let me see if I understand this correctly. (Tell me if I'm wrong.)

    It's getting on down there in the Fall. You're baking bread. Okay. That makes sense. It's getting down there in the Fall, after all.

    AND you got your pocket knife out so you can whittle.

    "Girl," she says as she shakes her head slowly from side to side, "Shouldn't you be getting ready for deer season?"

    ;-)

    Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That trip is at the end of the month. I already have the "old" deer in the freezer sectioned off to make room for the new lol. I am a special shade of crazy lol.

    ReplyDelete