Monday, October 1, 2018

Great Trip

It has taken me a while to post about our trip.  We went to Missouri and I finally got to meet my granddaughter.  As luck would have it, I will be going to Kansas City again on business and can take another side trip to see her again.  This is little Paislee.


Also went to the pen store. 


I also made a new friend.


The quilt we slept under was made in 1939 by my husbands great grandmother.  She made it a series of them for her only granddaughter I have two of them but this one is the most colorful.


This is a flour sack quilt.  Usually the men went to town to pick up the supplies needed at home but the women went specifically to pick out the feed sacks that had appealing colors and patterns. 
I worked the rummage sale for my church (no conflict of interest there LOL) and came home with this flour sack baby quilt.


Thankfully in fantastic shape!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment