Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Bread and Knitting

Work has been a little crazy so it has been a while since I last posted.  I have been playing around with sourdough starter and bread the last couple of weeks.  I used this book that I mentioned in my last post.


My first attempt was dense through my starter was fantastic.  I tweaked a recipe in the book and added a little my water than what was called for.  This was probably the best loaf I have made.


Baked in a covered cast iron dutch oven.  Beautiful.  The inside looks a little dense but it is actually very light.  I omitted the wheat the recipe called for and used a combination of all purpose and bread flour. Want to see the inside?


I have to say this is my best sourdough. This bread is a two day process without making the starter.

Keeping winter in mind, I knitted a pair of fingerless mitts for the pharmacy drive through.


Not too bad for a novice knitter.  This was a free pattern from tons Patons.

In July we became grandparents, so we will be traveling soon to meet our first granddaughter little Pj.



No comments:

Post a Comment