Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Into The New Year

I did not mean to be away for so long.  I hope everyone had a great holiday season.  We are are healthy and well but for a few friends it was not so great and life was a little hectic here.  

I think I have sock knitting down and will have to post more on that another time.  Hats also but I do not have pictures since they have been flying out of here.

I do want to share a gift that my mother-in-law gave me over the Thanksgiving holidays.  


Quilts!


They were both hand stitched by lamp light.  My husband's grandmother made these in the 1930's and 1940's.  The homestead did not have electricity or plumbing until 1954.  My mother-in-law shared stories about having to crawl under quilting frames in order to eat at the table.  The bottom one needs some restoration, they are a treasure and I am happy to have them.  

My sewing hasn't been going well, I think my brain lost it's function to adjust patterns lately so I think I'll take a break from that.  I can hand stitch anything but get me around a machine ......

Also, Big Food, Big Garden, Big Life has new digs over a Word Press.  I finally updated my links to reflect this.  Another post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment