Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Quiet Memorial Weekend

My children asked to have guests over for a pizza party and we fired up the oven Friday.  I was busy rolling dough so I didn't take pictures but we did have some leftover dough the next morning so I made Zeppole.   It is the Italian version of Beignet.  Use half olive oil, half vegetable oil when you fry.  Just break off balls of dough, fry until puffed up and lightly browned, drain and dust with powdered sugar. 


Something so simple, it was a favorite on feast days and festival days.  Aqueduct Flea Market in Queens used to have a vendor that sold them. 

Monday, my husband slow smoked ribs on the PK grill using pecan wood.  While this may seem biased, they were the best ribs I have ever had.

War movies were on most of the weekend.  One of the more upbeat movies, and a favorite:


No Time For Sergeants

A pretty tame weekend.  If you have time, head over to Cowboys and Chuckwagons and read about Wagons for Warriors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment