Thursday, September 12, 2013

Ready for Fall Weather

I know I have a couple of months before we have fall weather, but I am ready.  School has been in full swing for over a month now and there have been all sorts of fundraisers, parent meetings, and whatever else.  Furlough was cut short by six weeks with an ominous side note as to how much expenses will be next fiscal year if we do not have a budget set in place. 
It was a wonderful day to find Vladimir Putin giving advice on democracy,  and the President at a meeting with cabinet members actually said that they had to return to figuring out a budget and something to the effect of improving customer satisfaction.  Comparing Americans to customers doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  Can we shop somewhere else??  I guess if we wanted to be Ex-pats we could. 


I am still crocheting away and here is my new favorite hat:

 
 
 
This uses a self patterning sock yarn.  I am working on scarves and hats for the homeless at the moment.  I sent the shawl off to my pen pal and now she is having warm weather.  I also have to start on blankets for the winter.   Hope all is well!
 



 

4 comments:

  1. Love the hat. Lots of people are getting fed up with the US government and becoming expats, I hear Ecuador is nice lol. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read the title of your post, I thought you had moved! Fall?!? What's that? It's Still Summer. (Although it is forecast to be 55 degrees here tomorrow night!)

    Love the hat.

    Get this. Letters to the editor of our little weekly newspaper are usually about hell fire & brimstone. (Really.) But this week there was one that discussed Syria and mentioned Rand Pauls' position in a positive light. Libertarians. There everywhere, don't you know! LOL.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm Ecuador, might have to keep that as a retirement option lol. Thanks Cheapchick! Better watch Marica Libertarianism could be catching!

    ReplyDelete